Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Dupe Genie

yeah, that's right, I call it the Dupe Genie.  When we were having our first we did the traditional baby shower must and gun pretty much every product at Babies R Us and this was one thing my wife's friends said was a must have.  I don't understand the concept, quite honestly.  Put all of your smelly crappy diapers into one bin and throw it away 15 days later when it's full...does anyone else see the flaw in this concept.  Let alone the prototype that we had only used specific diaper genie bags that weren't inexpensive in itself.  It was a monopoly on baby fecal matter disposal and it seemed like our only option.  I never liked it.  It was a pain from the moment I took it out of the box and we threw a couple diapers in and they hit the floor because we forgot to tie off the bottom.  On top of that, they fill up too quick, and are a pain in the butt to dispose of.  By the third child do you know what we are using, the good ol fashion garbage.  Yeah, we put the stinky ones in there too.  Shoot, by three kids we probably take our garbage out once a day so it all works out.  But I digress, these "convenient" dupe genies were suppose to make my life easier and it did nothing of the sort.  If you have one, putting the diaper in alone is a gross feat.  It squeezes your hand when you push it in and you get the remnants of all the other diapers you have put in their from the prior changes.  So here it is, here is my expert advise:  Use your grocery bags from Kroger or wherever you go.  Yeah, saves you money and you finally have a place to put all those bags instead of under the sink.  If you get a bathroom trash can that has a flip up it will conserve some of the stink and it's easy to just yank the grocery bag out, tie it up, and take it out to the trash on your way out.  I feel like the dupe genie just dupes people into thinking it's necessary and everyone just goes with the flow thinking it's just something we should do if we have babies.  But if it's my job to find you some shortcuts and non-stressers(if that's a word) then I would say it hurts more than it helps.  It's quite a bit more convenient to use grocery bags or drop them in your trash when you are taking it out.  Shortcuts are my forte, even if the moms do not like it...stay tuned for more....

No comments:

Post a Comment